Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ghost Whisperer - IDW

Story by Becca Smith and Carrie Smith. Art by Elena Casagrande. Based on the hit TV series created by John Gray, I guess.

Photobucket

Yeah, I read it. No, I have never seen the show.

This girl, Melinda Gordon, can communicate with ghosts that nobody else can see. She helps them "cross over into the light," something ghosts don't do if they have unfinished business. This one starts with a girl who was teased by classmates seeking revenge after they humiliate her. She's using who she thinks is the god Osiris to help her. Cliffhanger at the end.

It was aight. I didn't know exactly what was going on at first, but it's pretty easy to figure out and follow despite the narrative being a little disjointed. The girls in it are hot. It has the potential to be interesting. I'll at least pick up issue #2.

Mrs. Claws woke up to purr at the cover for two seconds.
Kitty gives Ghost Whisperer a look that indicates she, like I, will check out the second issue if I bring it home.
Sasha gives it a smile, even though she didn't read it. I think she just likes Jennifer Love Hewitt.

No comments: