Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let Me In - Crossroads

W - Marc Andreyko
A - Patric Reynolds



















It won't matter if you've seen the movie or not.  But if you do, see the original and just 'deal' with the subtitles.  This is all I have to say about the pros/cons of original vs remake.  That argument never needs to be had again.  Even as a prequel (nevermind that the movie came out months ago and we're still waiting on the last issue of the comic), it's a gritty read that's fuzzy on the details of what you're jumping into.  The art does the writing great justice with it's rough style and muted colors.  It sets the mood.  The storytelling is calm and non-suspenseful.  There's plenty of murder going on, but somehow it doesn't have me on edge.  It's like getting a glimpse of their every day life, and when done all the time even the most horrible of things seems normal.  I'm pretty indecisive on this one.  With one more issue to go, I'm hesitant to bring the hammer down with a final rating.  What if some crazy ass shit happens in the last issue that totally blows my mind banana?!

For now, I impart 2.5 out of 5 unlucky hitchhikers

If anything changes with the final issue, I will certainly let you know.   

1 comment:

liz said...

Nothing changed, please continue.