Saturday, September 24, 2011

Liz is diving into DC!

Well, I'm not swimming laps or anything, but I'm gonna get my feet wet.

Catwoman #1





















W - Judd Winick  A - Guillem March

Whoa, DC!  Racy with a capital R.  The story works, and the art is seductive.  25/30DD.


Wonder Woman #1





















W - Brian Azzarello   A - Cliff Chiang

I thought Wonder Woman looked really weird on the cover, but I liked it a lot!  The interior art isn't quite as angular.  Good, classic storyline...damsel in distress carrying a VIP baby.  Yep, dope.  4 deflected arrows out of 5 horse bodied assailants.


Supergirl #1





















W - Michael Green and Mike Johnson   A - Mahmud Asrar

Straightforward entrance, excellent narration from multiple points of view and smooth art that's easy on the eyes.  I, all around, liked it.  I even got a little choked up at the end.  4 Supergirl's against 5 robots.

No comments: