Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1985

Written by Mark Millar
Art by Tommy Lee Edwards



One more Mark Millar mini series to add to the list. Toby is 13. His parents are divorced. His mom remarries some rich guy. His dad is a loser, but a nice dude. Toby loves to read comic books. Him and his dad take a walk in the woods to look at a house where his dad used to hang out as a kid. Toby peeps something a little weird in an upstairs window. News reports later in the day validate his suspicions. He sneaks out in the middle of the night to spy on the house in the woods...

Good storytelling! I do, indeed, look forward to the rest of this series.

3 comments:

Dan Izzo said...

Agreed. This is a really cool take on doing a "meta" story (that is a story about stories, or a comic about comics). I'm also geeked on how it possibly ties into the original Secret Wars. It probably helps that I was a senior in high school in 1985.

One quickie on Secret Wars, I've heard some people love the hell out of it. Personally, I thought it was lame and disappointing. No really big changes, not a real interesting story. Lots of hype, no delivery.

Nonetheless, read 1985!

Rob C said...

I am enjoying this mini very much, but then again Millar never disappoints me.

I gotta disagree with you on Secret Wars Dan. It certainly wasn't the greatest thing ever, but it was an entertaining arc. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Ethan Romero said...

Great reading youur blog