Thursday, May 22, 2008

John Constantine, Hellblazer: Setting Sun TP (w/ Warren Ellis, a/ Various)



This is a small collection of Warren Ellis penned Hellblazer stories, with various artists, like Tim Bradstreet (!) and (of course) Marcelo Frusin (who I love). My only complaint with the book was the thing I also enjoy most: the Ellis-ness. I love Warren Ellis, but after reading so much Brian Azzarello (who takes a backseat in regards to the story he is telling), I'm starting to wonder if Ellis isn't just a one-trick pony after all (read this book and then read Fell and then read Desolation Jones and then read Transmetropolitan). But, you know what? It's one really awesome trick. I just wish he could find the time to sober up and actually finish a title.

3.5 (out of 5) aborted right-wing babies,
-sandy

P.S. Let the "Dude, Back Off Warren Ellis/Brian Michael Bendis' Nuts" flame war begin.

No comments: